We are very excited to announce that brightbunch flowers is GO!
brightbunch is a new eco-friendly way of buying flowers. It’s a bit like the organic veg box idea – you get a regular delivery of locally grown flowers that you can use how you like. We don’t turn them into fancy arrangements, so you get a great deal and can use your own creativity – make your own arrangement, dot them around your house, put some in your hair, give some to a friend… it’s up to you!
We will deliver a selection of the very best seasonal blooms available every week, with plenty of variety but with a leaning towards the more natural / country garden varieties that grow so well in the UK. Check out photos of our recent flowers to see examples of our range of bunches.
With prices starting from just £9 per week, we think it’s a rather brilliant way to spend all that cash that you’ve promised yourself NOT to spend on naughtier things this year… and cheer yourself up a whole, ahem, bunch, more in the process!
Your conscience can rest easy that you’ll be doing the ‘bright thing’ by the environment too… not only will you be supporting some wonderful local growers, but by choosing our simple, shop-free model, you help us to keep the environmental cost of having fresh flowers right down. By buying on the day of delivery we keep storage time, refrigeration / heating, transit mileage and packaging to a minimum – and freshness to a maximum.
If you’re still struggling to find a reason to treat yourself (come on now, you deserve it!)… why not treat someone that you love to a bright new year instead? Our gift subscriptions start from just £50 for 6 weeks of deliveries, and we’ll include one of our lovely enamel jugs for free!
Have questions or feedback? Please do drop us a line – we are a really small company and we need to now what you think in order to grow. We would love to hear from you and we are happy to answer any questions you may have about the service.
Whilst you’re mulling it over, we’ll leave you with these simple but bright little ideas that we hope will help you on your way to a bright new start to 2013…
1. Pick a word (or words) that will motivate you through the year. Write them down, somewhere where you will see them every day. No prizes for guessing what ours are!
2.￼￼ Host a clothing swap night with friends – a sociable and free way to get your hands on some new outfits!
3. Cook with butter – it tastes so much nicer than chemically altered substitutes and gives a richness to cooking that will satisfy your taste buds more fully, meaning that you’re likely to eat less as a result!
4. Work out how much time you spend really dedicated to your the people that you love (not checking your mobile, emails, fingernails…) it is probably less than you think. Double that time, and remind yourself that no-one ever spent their last days wishing they had spent more time at work!
5. Drink good wine… OK, so it might not immediately sound like cutting back… but if you spend three times as much as usual, you’re unlikely to want to knock it back and it’ll feel like a real treat too!
6. Give as you spend – take a look at www.giveasyoulive.com. Shop online with thousands of stores and raise money for your favourite cause with every purchase – at no cost to you!
7. Discover a new culture from your sofa. Pick a country, or stick a pin in a world map, and find out all about that place – read about the history, look at its art and photos online, cook the food, learn the language, wear the trousers… maybe it’ll inspire you to go there one day, or maybe it’ll just make your lounge feel a little more exotic!
8. Make a herb garden. It’s widely believed that gardening is associated with happier, longer lives, and there is not much as satisfying as actually eating the fruit / herbs of your labour… a bunch of fresh herbs gives almost any dish a bit more pizzazz and it’s so easy and cheap to grow your own. Just keep them handy in a window box (or check out our Pinterest pages for some more creative container ideas) and chop a few into your butter (real, naturally!) before you cook your meat, fish or vegetables… you’ll be feeling like Mrs Beeton in no time…
9. After all that grown-up stuff, do something JUST FOR FUN – wear a silly hat (put some flowers in it?!), make your dinner into a funny face, have a pillow fight, race some snails, wear your pants on your head… whatever makes you giggle like a five year old!
10. Take a ‘bunchbreak‘ (don’t worry, we’ll have run out of puns soon!) and share your ideas with us – Our Facebook and Twitter pages are new to the big wide world, and are feeling a bit lonely at the moment – we’d love to see them cheered up so are running a little competition… please visit us there, and tell us how you’ve brightened up your desk or workspace for January – the one that makes us smile the most will win a large bunch of flowers!
We hope that our little ideas may in some small way brighten up your new year! And if you liked them, we hope that we might see you back here again soon…
Happy new year! Love from,
* Competition prizes can only be delivered to Brighton and Hove (BN1, Bn2 and BN3 postcodes). Closes Midnight, January 31st 2013. Winner will be selected by brightbunch. Winner’s name will be published here as well as on facebook and twitter.